This is a great run through beautiful scenery raising money for a worthy cause, the Strathcarron Hospice. Kelvin Runners have been involved in this from its inception two years ago.
Great KR turn out last year let's better it this year !
Let Iain know if you want to run and we'll organize entry and transport etc
- Registration is in the carpark in Callander, 9:00am. Coilhallen Woods carpark. Turn left at the roundabout coming into Callander from Glasgow, just over a mile along the Invertrossachs Road and immediately before the Trossachs Tryst (It will be signposted on the morning of the race).
- To enter in advance, please email your name, club, gender, DOB, whether you need a space on the bus to:email@example.com
- The bus will leave from registration at 10.00 for race start at 11.00 in Aberfoyle. If it suits better you can meet us in Aberfoyle, just let me know so that I can bring a race number for you.
- Race starts at the bottom of the hill close to David Marshall Lodge in Aberfoyle . Everyone will walk to the start together.
- Route follows cycle route 7 from Aberfoyle to Callander . All off-road on forestry trails. Distance 11.8miles
- There are toilets at David Marshall Lodge prior to the start of race and two other toilet stops; one about 5 miles in (Pine Ridge car park), the other at 9.5 miles ( scout camp).
- The first mile is quite steep; thereafter the course is quite undulating but very pretty. There will be mile-markers along the way with 4 water stops (2 miles, 5 miles, 8 miles and 9.5 miles) and a few kind people will marshal to make sure you don’t get lost!
- There will be a bottle of wine for the first man and first lady home and some delicious tablet for all the runners up!
- I hope you can join us as it really is a lovely run. There will be a £5 fee to cover the cost of the bus but the race is really about raising funds for Strathcarron Hospice so any donations would be gratefully received.