This is a great run through beautiful scenery raising money for a worthy cause, the Strathcarron Hospice. Kelvin Runners have been involved in this from its inception two years ago.
Let's see if we can set a new record for Kelvin Runners at this event (friends and family welcome). Fabulous course and a fantastic cause. Let me know if you intend running and we can coordinate transport.
- Meeting in Callander - Coilhallen Woods Car Park at 10.00 am where bus will take runners to Aberfoyle for start of race
- there will be a charge of £5 for the bus. The car park is on your left hand side approximately a mile along the Invertrossachs Road and just prior to the Trossachs Tryst Outdoor Centre.
- We will be running a section of the Rob Roy Way starting at the David Marshall Lodge in Aberfoyle at 11.00am. The first mile is quite tough with difficult terrain and a steep incline. The rocky terrain continues into the second mile as the incline reduces slightly.The route then becomes much easier and is in the main an undulating course along stony paths or forest tracks. The final section is fairly flat along a minor road.
- Overall it is a lovely route with some spectacular views.
- All donations received will be forwarded to Strathcarron Hospice
- For more information or to note interest please contact -firstname.lastname@example.org